Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and design computing architecture and sizing of complex systems to meet product specifications, throughput and software requirements, as part of the overall tool architecture.
- Plan computing size for specific tasks, analyze bottlenecks throughout system components (network, storage, CPU, GPU, OS, boards, others).
- Maintain productive dialogue with software developers, architects, algorithm engineers, IT personnel, Electronics engineers.
- Participate in troubleshooting of complex computing issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of new technologies and computing architectures in the market.
- Provide technology guidelines to computing group.
- Assess new computing technologies and architectural directions for new products, perform and guide POCs.
- Ability to fly to customer sites per need - up to twice/year.
- The job includes hands-on activities.
- Experience as a computing architect in physical environments.
- Extensive experience in planning and designing complex HPC computing systems with very high data flow rate. Preferred - experience in image processing scenarios.
- Deep knowledge in all computing aspects and components - Servers, CPU, GPU, storage technologies.
- Deep knowledge in Networking - architecture, technologies, protocols, providers.
- Very good understanding and ability to perform system sizing based on spec requirements.
- Good understanding of applicative communication protocols.
- Software development knowledge / experience – Advantage.
Strong troubleshooting capabilities