Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and design computing architecture and sizing of complex systems to meet product specifications, throughput and software requirements, as part of the overall tool architecture.
- Plan computing size for specific tasks, analyze bottlenecks throughout system components (network, storage, CPU, GPU, OS, boards, others).
- Maintain productive dialogue with software developers, architects, algorithm engineers, IT personnel, Electronics engineers.
- Participate in troubleshooting of complex computing issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of new technologies and computing architectures in the market.
- Provide technology guidelines to computing group.
- Assess new computing technologies and architectural directions for new products, perform and guide POCs.
- Ability to fly to customer sites per need - up to twice/year.
- The job includes hands-on activities.
- Extensive experience as an distributed HPC computing architect in physical environments (Not public cloud). Advantage – image processing.
- Deep knowledge in all computing aspects and components - Server boards, CPU, GPU, storage technologies.
- Deep knowledge in Networking - architecture, technologies, protocols, providers.
- Experience in planning and designing complex HPC computing systems with very high data flow rate. Preferred - experience in image processing scenarios.
- Very good understanding and ability to perform system sizing based on spec requirements.
- Good understanding of applicative communication protocols.
- Software development knowledge / experience - advantage.
- Very good complex-system understanding and troubleshooting.
Your privacy matters to us and we comply with the GDPR and applicable data protection regulations. In order for Applied Materials to share opportunities with you, we need to maintain some of your personal data, which you voluntary share with us when submitting your applications. Your data will not be used for any purposes other than recruitment related activities nor will it be shared with any third party.