Roles & Responsibilities:
Computing System Design
- Plan and design computing system architecture and sizing of complex systems to meet product specifications, throughput and software requirements, as part of the overall tool architecture.
- Perform general and performance troubleshooting, analyze bottlenecks across system components (network, storage, CPU, GPU, OS, boards, others).
- Maintain productive dialogue with software architects, IT personnel, system engineers, hardware module owners.
Computing HW selection
- Own the computing HW selection process end to end.
- Identify potential Computing HW solutions, define a selection matrix and recommendations.
- Identify new relevant solutions in the marked, define and run POCs.
- Work closely with vendors and integration partners.
- Manage a team of deployment automation engineers.
- Define the agenda on installation and configuration automation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of new technologies and computing solutions in the market.
- Assess new computing technologies and architectural directions for new products, perform and guide POCs.
- Provide technology guidance to computing group.
- Ability to fly to customer sites from time to time.
- The job includes hands-on activities.
- Extensive experience in designing complex physical computing systems with high data flow rate. Preferred - experience in image processing scenarios.
- Knowledge and experience in multi-disciplinary system design, including communication with HW modules and controllers.
- Deep knowledge in all computing aspects and components - Servers, CPU, GPU, storage technologies.
- Deep knowledge in Networking - topology, technologies, protocols, providers, troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of applicative communication protocols.
- Experience in managing IT and computing vendors, knowledge in computing HW solutions.
- Software development knowledge / experience – advantage.
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities.
Your privacy matters to us and we comply with the GDPR and applicable data protection regulations. In order for Applied Materials to share opportunities with you, we need to maintain some of your personal data, which you voluntary share with us when submitting your applications. Your data will not be used for any purposes other than recruitment related activities nor will it be shared with any third party.