Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms and evaluate their performance for our wafer inspection and metrology microscopes. Including image processing, machine learning and vision.
- Support concept and feasibility demonstration of new solutions and paradigms for our industry.
- Interact with internal and external customers to analyze gaps, define and plan activities, design and execute experiments.
- Be part of a path-finding team, in which we incubate new solutions and paradigms to solve high value problems.
- M.Sc. in Electrical engineering / Physics / Computer science / Mathematics (Ph.D. - Advantage).
- Knowledge and practical expertise in a handful algorithmic approaches such as machine learning, deep neural networks, statistics, estimation theory, computer vision and signal processing.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Quick learner of new technologies; Be able to work well in a multi-disciplinary environment; Understand the related disciplines of physics, engineering, challenges of the industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Experience with MATLAB & Python.
Your privacy matters to us and we comply with the GDPR and applicable data protection regulations. In order for Applied Materials to share opportunities with you, we need to maintain some of your personal data, which you voluntary share with us when submitting your applications. Your data will not be used for any purposes other than recruitment related activities nor will it be shared with any third party.