Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop an algorithmic major module or flow, a Matlab (system or product) major module or flow or characterize and lead field driven algorithmic features (R&D extension) including research, design, development and implementation & proliferation accompanying in accordance with project budgets and time schedules.
- Perform algorithmic C&F for a major algorithmic feature or flow, including problem analysis, data gathering, literature review, concept selection and evaluation and implementation constrains.
- Construct a algorithmic work plan for algorithmic module or flow owned by him.
- Document algorithmic development, plan and accompany implementation, integration and testing of an algorithmic module or flow.
- Interact with internal and external customers to analyze gaps, define and plan activities, collect data and accompany integration, testing and proliferation of algorithmic solutions.
- Understand and act according to system and applicative environment regarding module and flow development. Take part in system definitions.
- Act as a technical tutor and instructor regarding areas of expertise. Guide algorithm developers working with him on same module or flow.
- Evaluate new technology and analyze competitor's technology within area of expertise.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
- M.Sc. in Electrical engineering / Physics / Computer science / Mathematics (Ph.D. -Advantage).
- Theoretical and hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Image Processing and signal processing algorithms with 3+ years of experience.
- Strong understanding in probability and statistics.
- Theoretical and hands-on experience in Machine Learning – Advantage.
- Theoretical and hands-on experience in Deep Learning – Advantage.
- Strong skills in developing in MATLAB and Python.
- Quick learner of new technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Your privacy matters to us and we comply with the GDPR and applicable data protection regulations. In order for Applied Materials to share opportunities with you, we need to maintain some of your personal data, which you voluntary share with us when submitting your applications. Your data will not be used for any purposes other than recruitment related activities nor will it be shared with any third party.