As part of the R&D Platform Team you will develop the platform configuration and control layers of applied material’s end-products - primarily relating to the Linux kernel and OS.
Most of the development is done by Linux Shells scripts using automation tools such as Ansible and incorporating DevOps tools such Git and Jenkins.
As part of the job, you will research, develop, and integrate Linux capabilities into Applied Materials products, including performance improvements, packaging and automatic deployment, security hardening, and more.
You will be asked to use creative thinking and technological solutions for building new methods for the products’ solution.
Suitable candidates should be: Capable of learning quickly, handling stressful situations and taking ownership on projects from end to end.
- 5+ years as a Linux system administrator
- Minimum 3 years of experience in System or DevOps
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Linux shells), ability to write complex automation procedures and jobs – Advantage – for using by Ansible
- Deep understanding of Linux internals: Deployment, packaging distribution methods, LVM, security.
- Strong understanding and troubleshooting of general computing and networking fundamentals
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux - preferably Ubuntu
- Knowledge and Experience in one or more the following containers technologies : Docker/Kubernetes
- Advantage - knowledge and hands-on experience in Windows operating systems and related technologies, as well as VMware vSphere and storage systems
- Advantage- experience with HPC servers
- Advantage - experience with OEM Companies
- Advantage - knowledge with SW Developments
Your privacy matters to us and we comply with the GDPR and applicable data protection regulations. In order for Applied Materials to share opportunities with you, we need to maintain some of your personal data, which you voluntary share with us when submitting your applications. Your data will not be used for any purposes other than recruitment related activities nor will it be shared with any third party.